What should you carry in your emergency kit?

In the present scenario of increased instance of natural disasters, being prepared for any emergency is very important. Having an emergency kit can increase your family’s chances of survival in the case of any unforeseen disaster. But, for building such a kit there are no guidelines to follow, which makes the task of building one quite tough. This is why you need to know, what to carry for emergencies.

The most important items in an emergency kit are, water and food. Pack as much as a gallon of water per person, for one day, separately. Canned food, ready to make soup powders and chocolates or candies should go in next. Be sure to carry blankets, so that you will be protected, even if it is cold outside. Light sources like torches, and fully charged batteries are also advised. Make sure they are strong, portable and long lasting.

The next important thing is a basic first-aid kit, for any sort of medical emergencies. This should contain material for bandaging wounds and anti-septic lotion. Analgesics and ointments that are used for burns are also essential. The next important thing is some means of communication, to contact the people who can help you in such times of need. Another important thing to keep in mind is, to pack all these separately, in water-proof bags, for safety and convenience.

Write a comment

Comments: 7
  • #1

Drug rehab centers in ohio (Wednesday, 16 May 2012 13:18)

Nice

• #2

dealing with anger (Monday, 13 August 2012 04:11)

Some times its a pain in the ass to read what blog owners wrote but this internet site is rattling user friendly ! .

• #3

lilider (Wednesday, 05 December 2012 18:44)

I wish to show my thanks to this writer just for bailing me out of this particular scenario. As a result of checking throughout the the net and seeing suggestions that were not pleasant, I was thinking my life was well over. Being alive minus the solutions to the issues you have resolved as a result of the article is a critical case, and the ones that might have adversely damaged my career if I hadn't noticed your website. Your main expertise and kindness in maneuvering every aspect was vital. I'm not sure what I would've done if I had not discovered such a stuff like this. It's possible to at this point look forward to my future. Thanks for your time so much for your skilled and result oriented help. I will not be reluctant to endorse your site to any individual who needs and wants guidelines about this subject.

• #4

burberry outlet (Friday, 23 January 2015 20:34)

Content is very exciting, like this one!

• #5

jordan retro 11 (Friday, 23 January 2015 20:37)

I would recommend my friends to come to this site, have to say, it's really good!

• #6

moncler jackets on sale (Friday, 23 January 2015 20:40)

There are many things that I have never talked to before in this article, the article is very attractive!

• #7

Nike Outlet Store Online (Wednesday, 04 March 2015 02:18)

Really your post is really very good and I appreciate it.